Honorary Patriot Award Overview
Since 2002, the Honorary Patriot Award has been given annually to individuals nominated by the public and selected by the Seaford 9/11 Memorial Committee in honor of the five Seaford alumni lost on September 11, 2001: Thomas Haskell (’82), Timothy Haskell (’85), John Perry (’82), Robert Sliwak (’77), and Michael Wittenstein (’85).
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- The Honorary Patriot Award recipient can be an individual who is representative of the spirit and lives of our five alumni who were lost on September 11, 2001.
- The Honorary Patriot Award recipient can be an individual who has made significant contributions to the Seaford schools, community, or 9/11 Memorial.
- The Honorary Patriot Award recipient can be an individual who is a Seaford graduate who has gained distinction.
- The Honorary Patriot Award recipient can be an individual who has made significant contributions to society.
- The Honorary Patriot Award recipient can be a former Patriot Award recipient who has gained distinction.
Nomination Form for Honorary Patriot Award
The deadline to nominate an individual for the 2019 Honorary Patriot Award is January 25th, 2019.
Honorary Patriot Award Recipients
Raymond J. Buckley, Patrick E. Gallagher
Rev. Steven R. Camp, Congressman Peter T. King, Julie Oliva
Stephen M. Bongiovi, Thomas G. Condon, John Murray
Peter Scalamandre, Patrick J. Butler
Michael Di Silvio, Angela Egan
Ken Haskell, Lynda Schachner, Marty Lyons
Curtis Schmitt, Capt. Marko Kostovic
Linda Hurley, Donald J. Paulson
William Arnold, Brian L. Conboy, Wilbur Erb
John F. Capano, Susan D. Ward, Charles J. Wroblewski
Kenneth Jacobsen, John Theissen, Carla & William Powell
Patricia Gelling, Cliff Miller, James J. O’Donnell, Sr.
Sal & Joan Bulone, Thomas Cleary, Cindy Schaaf
Frank Allaire, Rev. Ronald M. Klose, Robert Podesta
Rev. Monsignor Robert Hayden, Barbara Richko, William Sims
Judy Cassaro Bongiovi, John E. Brooks, James J. O’Donnell, Jr.
Jim O’Hara, Phil and Sue Nicola, Joe Viscio